On my crock pot quest I found this one and boy is it delicious!!!
We love Chinese but ALL THOSE CALORIES among other things!!! EEEKKKK!! This is a healthier version.
Russ told me to save this one – YOU KNOW IT’S GOOD IF HE SAID THAT! We all enjoyed it and it was easy…WIN-WIN for me!
Click on the link below to take you to the recipe:
We served ours with brown rice to make it healthier as well as I think some of the brown sugar could be cut down and it still be wonderful!!
Ingredients are listed below:
- 2 lb beef, thinly sliced (flank steak is ideal, but any cut will work)
- 1 can beef broth or consomme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets or 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 2 cups white or brown rice