In the past few years juice diets and detoxes have become all the rage! It seems like there is always something new everybody is trying! So the question is Should I juice or not? Let me help you decide!
Why I am against it:
- our body detoxes itself so we don’t need any special things to make it detox – it already does
- you need more nutrients than what all juice gives you
- high in sugars
- more likely to binge when you are finished with your juice diet because you are starving – so you just put on the few pounds you lost –
- pretty much only losing water weight not fat
Why I am for it:
- get your vitamins
- get your veggies and fruit in for the day
- can be a great snack or replace breakfast or lunch
Basically most people are on a juice diet to detox their body or lose a little weight. You aren’t going to detox your body – your body already detoxes itself – go sweat/exercise, drink water, and eat clean/healthy! That is enough detoxing right there! If you want to lose weight do the exact same thing…sweat/exercise, drink water, and eat healthy! IF you are eating healthy and getting a good mix of food – then you will get all the nutrients and vitamins you need!
My thoughts are adding the juice as a snack or doing it for breakfast is great but simply living off juice isn’t ideal.
So to juice or not to juice?? FOR ME???? NO! I like to actually chew my food and can’t live off just liquids plus I just don’t really see the benefits to do it all day everyday! I may do it for a snack or breakfast but that will be it! Your choice but for me I’m out! I will stick to eating healthy and exercising! Water and clean healthy food (that I can actually chew) here I come!!