Last week I was going to make this for dinner but Russell ended up being the Chef for the night! ha He was a little irritated making this because our non-stick wasn’t big enough so he had to use the other pan and the chicken was sticking a lot – he was wanting to use more oil …no, no, no Russell – hahaha! ANYWAYS – I said okay – so what is the deal with these? He just go mad because they kept sticking and wished he could use more oil – that was it! IF we had a bigger non-stick (note to self- need a new non stick larger skillet) everything would have been fine!
I bit in and it was HEAVEN!!!! OMG just like CHICK-FIL-A!!! You can make the chicken tenders the same way pretty much! I would LOVE to eat these just plain with a side!! I felt like I was eating the most terrible thing but it only had 180 for the chicken! We made the sandwiches with wheat buns (100 calories) and pickles so the sandwich was around 300! Perfect for those days when you just want a piece of fried chicken and don’t want to blow your calories for the day!
TRY THESE…TRUST ME YOU WON’T REGRET IT!! Perfect for this weekend!
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sour dill pickle juice
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Wrap the chicken breasts loosely between plastic wrap and pound gently with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until chicken is about ½ inch thick all around.
- Cut each chicken breast into two equal pieces (equal size cutlets), as even as possible.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the pickle juice for 30-60 minutes.
- Add egg, egg white and milk into bowl and whisk.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast piece into the egg mixture on both sides, then coat in flour mixture on both sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet to about 345-350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in the pan, and lightly coat in coconut oil. Fry each chicken breast cutlet for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. (ours took longer than 2 minutes!!!!)
- serve on toasted buns with pickle slices or like Russell did bad bad Russell added ranch!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (1 chicken breast):
WWP+: 5 points