I made this Tuesday night for our supper and it was quite delicious and easy! I used Parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella because I was out. I also used coconut oil instead of canola oil. OH and I suggest trying to find the thin sliced sun-dried tomatoes. The ones I used were sliced but sliced thick and so I was trying to make them smaller (which equals mess) so try to find as little as possible! I used white onion because I already had that! My pan was an 8 inch instead of 10 so it made the frittata a little thicker, it was still wonderful! This was great for a weeknight meal, a lot of the ingredients I already had on hand, it was easy to make, and yummy!
Was in such a rush I forgot to take a picture!! Will do the next time!!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sliced, oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of slat
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of mozzarella and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in an oven-proof 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and zucchini and continue cooking and stirring, until the vegetables have softened, about 7 minutes.
3. Spread the vegetables evenly in the bottom of the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook without stirring until the frittata begins to set on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
4. Scatter on the remaining cheese and the pepperoni. Place the skillet in the oven and cook until the frittata is set, about 15 minutes.
5. Use a heat-proof spatula to loosen the frittata and slide it onto a platter. Sprinkle on the basil, slice, and serve.
I got this from Family Fun magazine – April 2014
Active Time 30 minutes
Total time 50 minutes
makes 8 servings
Nutrition per serving: 188 calories, 5 g carbs, 12 g. protein, 13 g fat (4 saturated fat) 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar