So I can’t remember what magazine this came out of…I have had this quiet sometime now! I LOVE IT and could eat it every night…however Russell isn’t big on salmon. He does like this recipe though! This is a great spring and summer recipe! Hopefully the CRAZY weather will calm down and spring will be here so we can eat this! It is fast, easy, healthy, and yummy!
Makes 4 servings
prep time – 20 minutes
cook time – 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup peeled, diced mango
- 2 TBSP minced red onion
- 2 TBSP minced red bell pepper
- 1 TBSP minced fresh cilantro
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 – 4 ounce salmon fillets
- pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
1. Combine blueberries, mango, onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Lightly crush with a fork to release the juices. Set aside. (sometimes I make mine earlier while the boys are at school and put in a bowl in the fridge. Then I just pull out when we get home)
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and sear for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
3. Serve fillets with the blueberry-mango salsa on top.
4 servings for recipe above – Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 205 – 6 g carb – 11 g fat- 1 g fiber