Okay so I made this Wednesday night!!
So I followed the recipe below but cut it in half! I LOVED it just by itself and if I ate it just by itself then I would make sure I did 2 pounds for Russell and I both! The 1 pound did okay with the lettuce underneath. As you can see my avocado was almost too ripe!! But it was still delicious! Russell said it was a little to sharp for him, BUT I LOVED IT!! I started thinking…OH WAIT, you know the boys were both asking for drinks and food (THEY WERE STARVING) so I just dumped the dressing on his and ran…maybe I poured too much because I just drizzled it on mine…so it might have been too much! OOPS! SORRY HUN!
SO I made a little extra dressing to pour on the actual salad greens because the salad was too boring by itself. The romaine lettuce that I put it on was a little bitter contrast with it but when I added the dressing MUCH better! So I was thinking maybe a mixed salad green lettuce would do better!! Totally up to you!! I could eat mine plain or on the bed of lettuce! Either way I LOVED IT! It was a great LIGHT dinner, since it was Ash Wednesday it was perfect! I would love this for lunch as well!!! QUICK and EASY! I even boiled and peeled the shrimp before I went and picked up the boys at school. So when I got home I just added the red onion, avocado and dressing! DONE!
Perfect for Spring and Summer!
- 2 pounds boiled or steamed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- For the Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add shrimp, avocado, and onion to a large bowl.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together ingredients for the dressing. Whisk until well-combined.
- Add dressing to shrimp avocado salad until it has the amount you desire. Serve additional dressing on the side.